[TowerTalk] Ready Mix Cement

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Tue Jun 26 02:43:02 EDT 2007

> I am planning a tower installation (40 feet Rohn 25) and am wondering how deep the hole >should, how big in diameter and how many
> bags of ready mix cement I should buy to fill the hole.

Go here:

http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html

Click on "On Line Catalog" and then GT series and then 25G

They have parts lists, guying details and foundation details there.

Forget bagged cement... you need too much and you want a continuous
pour.  You can figure out how much you need from Rohn's site and
something like this:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/concretecalc.html

But I think you need 50 50lb. bags and you won't have a single solid
continuous base unless you have a big cement mixer available to you.

73,
Dan