[TowerTalk] Ready Mix Cement

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 18:24:59 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/25/2007 5:56:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I am planning a tower installation (40 feet Rohn 25) and am  wondering how
deep the hole should, how big in diameter and how many
bags  of ready mix cement I should buy to fill the hole.

>  Also  wondering if I should use rebar and if there is a brand of cement
better than  any other brand and what mixture of cement or if
the one for standard  sidewalks, driveways, ect will work or if there is a
special mixture to use  for a tower installation.

>  It is my first tower to erect.

>  Probably one set of guys wires (size, type of  material??)

    You need a copy of the Radian/Rohn catalog. If  you can't get ahold of a
copy, it's online at
_http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html_ (http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html)
.

Follow the LXC Prime Directive to "DO what the  manufacturer says" and you'll
have a safe, reliable system.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -