[TowerTalk] Polarized Electrolytic in Rotator Box?

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 29 18:50:25 EDT 2007

I am glad this thread started. I have  a Motor Start Capacitor ready to be installed at the base of my tower which is marked 130-156 MFD 330VAC . How can I tell if it is polarized or not? There are no + or - marks on the terminals and I assumed (I know, I know) that it would work.

(BTW the cap at the base of the tower is to eliminate 2 wires from the tower to the shack)

Clint - W5CPT