[TowerTalk] Its summer and antennas are on my mind

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Sat Jun 30 10:27:00 EDT 2007

Bill:

From: Bill Parry <BPARRY at RGV.RR.COM>
Date: 2007/06/30 Sat AM 08:28:11 CDT
To: TOWERTALK at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Its summer and antennas are on my mind

<snip>
I was wondering if maybe gamma matching the tower with multiple radials
would provide a significant improvement on 160M?
<snip>

The saying is very true on Topband:  You can never have enough antennas.  I would certainly advise you to construct a shunt feed for your new tower on 160M and keep it in your quivver along with the inv V.

     When I had my inv L and my new shunt-fed Trylon operating as A/B on 160M, I saw a 5-10 dB (S-meter measurement) difference on RX between the two favoring the shunt feed.  Folks also told me that there was a similar 5-10 dB improvement when I went to the shunt feed.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F