[TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sat Jun 30 16:31:28 EDT 2007

It's a slow day here so I just can't resist...  :-)

NEIGHBOR "Man those unsightly towers and antennas certainly depress our property values around here."

HAM "Oh, I didn't realize that was an issue. How much loss do you think you will suffer when you sell your place?"

NEIGHBOR "It's hard to say, but probably in excess of 10%. That would be at least a 40,000 dollar loss for me."

HAM "Hmmm... I see... so if I remove my tower and antenna system you will see an immediate 40,000 dollar profit?"

NEIGHBOR "Yeah, about that."

HAM "I see. Okay then, I see there are two choices here. I can continue to enjoy my hobby or I can take those unsightly towers and antennas down. Are you willing to split that 40,000 dollar profit of I take them down?"

NEIGHBOR "Huh?"

HAM "But you need to know I'll need my half up-front to help offset my expenses and acquire a new hobby."

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 6