[TowerTalk] Force 12 Sigma 180 80M dipole

StellarCAT RXDesign at ssvecnet.com
Sun Mar 4 10:28:52 EST 2007

Steve,

I would bet your not expanding the coil far enough. Mine was expanded to the
point that the end of the coil itself was OUTSIDE the connection point! In
other words the distance from one connection point to the other was LESS
THAN the length of the coil! This is what it took for me. The ends are
bolted and I feel strongly that this is needed in order to maintain the Q of
the ckt.

Not to ask dumb questions but I am one that believes in not making
assumptions - you do have the hairpin at the bottom of the relay box and not
at the antenna correct? That of course would not cause infinite vswr but is
a valid question nonetheless. I am not sure of your description below - you
say hooking it up with the balun, relays, hairpin it does not work - but
hooking the balun up to the feedpoint works - huh?

g.
K9RX