[TowerTalk] parasitic elements for vertical arrays

w2cdo at comcast.net w2cdo at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 12:58:07 EST 2007

Again, apologies for being a little off topic.  In my ongoing quest to get more for less, I'm planning to put a 40 meter Hamstick .15 wavelength south of my multiband vertical in an effort to get some directionality for north polar paths.  Kinda curious to see if this will work.  So here's my question: do I need to lay out radials for the parasitic element or will it function (an unproven assumption) without them?

thanks in advance

Peter W2CDO