[TowerTalk] MonstIR vs Monobander

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Mar 9 20:29:09 EST 2007

I've never owned a SteppIR and don't have any particular affinity for
them, but there must be something else going on here.  Even a compromise
antenna, or a stack of them, shouldn't be down 2 to 3 S units from a
stack of typical monobanders.  Maybe the stacking heights were different
enough to yield different notches in the patterns or something, but two
stacked dipoles shouldn't be a dozen db or more different from similarly
spaced, stacked, and fed monobanders over a path like 6Y to USA.

Dave  AB7E

Bob Maser wrote:
> I would think that the difference would be similar for single monobanders on
> each band vs. Steppir's.
> Let's face it, the Steppir is a compromise antenna.
>
> Bob W6TR

Subvert the dominant paradigm.