[TowerTalk] US Tower bearings

Mac McCullough w5mc at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 11 19:46:53 EST 2007

All ,  I am wanting to replace some of the small diameter bearings that are pressed and then sort of "set" by dimpling the surrounding aluminum grooved pulley ...  these bearings are used throughout the UST wire pulley scheme,  presently the one I have in my hand is marked  K 8  made in USA  Nice Phila... or better yet has anyone replaced this  " my words " poor quality bearing with a better quality as well sealed type bearing ...  these bearing frequently seem to seize,  thereby forcing the cable to drag it's self across the pulley groove and then ruining the pulley in short order ..  I love the tower,  just not these critical yet cheap bearings they use ..  all suggestions welcomed ..  thanx  mac/mc  w5mc

Located 46 miles due North of the Alamo, and 121 miles due South of the Western White House.   see my website at  www.collinsandharrisradios.com