[TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical to 80 meters.

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:11:34 EST 2007

there are a few things you can do.
1 - use 2-4 wires top hat which is connected through 7MHz LC-filter
2 - put a top hat and use remotely controlled matching network to
switch the bands and match antenna's impedance on each band to 1:1
3 - same as #2, more complex matching network which needs no remote
switching, but you spend some time fine tuning it.
4 - same as #2, but choosing properly height of the mast and
number/length of hat wires you may get an antenna which you can feed
through simple serial LC network.

I am building 160-80-40 60 feet high vertical using the option #2.

#2 can be found at http://dl2kq.de/ant/3-1.htm. that page is in
russian, am not sure whether DL2KQ has english version of it, but you
can look at pictures/schematics.

#3 - bottom part of http://dl2kq.de/ant/kniga/5151.htm page, has 80-40 antenna.

#4 - http://dl2kq.de/ant/3-29.htm