[TowerTalk] Tower winch failure

Tom Anderson WW5L at gte.net
Mon Mar 19 22:37:28 EST 2007

When I bought my W51 crankup from Triex in 1993 they were sending the
Fulton 1550 winch with it.  The first one's brake pads deteriorated
after a couple years and for other reasons I ended up buy another 1550,
but now have a 2550.  Both the 1550s squealed like a banshee when
cranking the tower down.  The neighborts must have thought I was beating
my kids.

Tom, WW5L