[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 and stacking questions

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 20 09:42:27 EST 2007

I am working on getting my "phase 2" antenna projects ready.In the south
they say"fixing to get fixing"!I want to space my Skyhawks about 40 feet
apart on Rohn 25.Rohn's specs say no more then 35 feet between guys.So I
would like to put up an 80 foot tower of Rohn 25.If I guy it every 20
feet,20,40,60 and 80 feet that should work as long as I put the guy points
far enough away so as to not run into the guys with the bottom antenna.I
think I might also be a bit over Rohns windload allowance but I only see
antenna loads at the top not spread over the tower.Any help there?I will be
placing the tower where if it would fall it wouldn't fall on anything
else.The reason I want to use Rohn 25 is because I have a bunch of it,don't
want to buy 45.I will use a "swinging gate" for the bottom antenna.Will use
a Comtek Stack-2 yagi matcher.Any thing I'm missing?  Gregg  K9KL