[TowerTalk] Final words and thanks on winch failure.

Dino Darling dino at k6rix.com
Tue Mar 20 20:48:43 EST 2007

We don't have much ice problems here in Southern CA (no, its not an
invitation so STAY AWAY!  There are WAY too many people here already!)

I did however, live in Colorado for a short time and there was a spray
that you could use to de-ice your windshield.  That, followed by some
oil in the appropriate places, and you should be good to go!

Again, I have used THOUSANDS of these winches in the traffic control
industry with ZERO failures.  We have used pressure washes, etc, with
no issues.  We even operate the towers in the rain with no slippage.
Its a good winch system!

I'm glad you have it figured out!

Dino  -  K6RIX
dino at k6rix.com