[TowerTalk] Inexpensive thrust bearing?

Jerrry BOYD exlasd at msn.com
Wed Mar 21 12:50:40 EST 2007

You get what you pay for.  An inexpensive (aka cheap) thrust bearing or
substitute device (not recommended) may in the long run cost you more in
time and frustration than if you spent the $50 in the first place.  A cheap
bearing that freezes up, rusts out, binds, etc especially in the middle of
winter when tower climbing, mast and antenna pulling, etc. is impossible or
unsafe can make the money you should have spent to do it right in the first
place not seem excessive.
Jerry
N7WR