[TowerTalk] Yaesu G2800 Rotor Calibration Question and Complaint

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 12:55:13 EST 2007

At 08:36 AM 3/26/2007, Pete Smith wrote:
>I'm inclined to agree with Joe here.  It used to be that Yaesu would send
>you small parts gratis (things like dial light bulbs for rotators) but
>recently the ante has gone way up and nothing's free any more.  Another pet
>peeve of mine is the amount of stuff that they are buying from outside
>suppliers - that seems to include all of their rotators, the insides of the
>FP-29 power supply, etc.  That makes replacing anything in them pretty
>stiff.  It could be that their supplier is gouging them on the connector.

Or, you're just seeing the stackup of everyone's 20% margin in the
chain.  All you need is a couple tiers with the mfr providing retail
price protection at the factory (i.e. the factory guarantees it will
never sell cheaper than a retailer, so their supply and distribution
chain can always make some money) and a moderate minimum order
qty/fee, and you can ratchet up a $5 part to a $50 transaction.

This seems to be very common with odd-ball connectors too...

Jim, W6RMK