[TowerTalk] Radials looped instead of Soldered?

wa3afs at inav.net wa3afs at inav.net
Thu Mar 29 11:57:12 EST 2007

I have looped my radial connections, crimped, and soldered.

Very occassionally I had to retighten some of the looped connections (Maybe once or twice a year).  (I
always used lock washers)

Currently I have crimped connections on long stainless screws with stainless nuts and lockwashers.  The
connections appear to be staying nice and tight.

Electrically my coaxial inverted Ls appear to work the same (great) without regard to the radial
connections.

As far as I am concerned, tight is tight!

   -- Bruce, WA3AFS