[TowerTalk] Yaesu G2800DXA Rotor Problem

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Fri Mar 30 13:34:41 EST 2007

I just installed this rotor last week and it was working
satisfactorily.  Unfortunately, we had a heavy duty lightning storm
earlier this week and now, while the rotor is turning normally through
450 degrees, the dial indication only goes through 160 degrees (155-315
degrees).  I tried to recalibrate it but I'm at the extreme position of
the full scale adjust control and still only have 160 degrees of span.

I am already anticipating someone telling me that the variable pot
inside the rotor housing is the problem.  Have you ever seen a grown man
cry? :'(

73, Joe
K2XX