[TowerTalk] Controllable Coax Switch

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue May 1 07:32:55 EDT 2007

The TopTen decoders are sink type, while the RCS8-V requires source
drivers, I believe - the difference is that TopTen supplies power to the
relay box, and the decoder decides which relay gets ground; the RCS-8
supplies a common ground, and switches power to the correct relay.  I think
TopTen makes a source driver board, and if you have the electronic smarts
you could build one yourself; in that case WX9T makes a BCD-10 band decoder
board that only costs $20, and emulates the Top
Ten very nicely.

SO2R capability is a different issue - you'd need two band decoders and
source drivers, another RCS-8V and either 6 A/B switches or some
specially-built logic to make sure that both radios can't be connected to
the same antenna.  It doesn't come cheap!

73, Pete N4ZR