[TowerTalk] raiseing a 60' rhon 25

merlin-7 merlin-7 at sc.rr.com
Sat May 5 19:44:42 EDT 2007

It looks like I may need  to meet some of the local ham's up there for some
help.

 I could do it with a jin pole by myself, one section at a time but that
seems a waste of time and climbing 25 is no fun .
 I plan on adding a second tower of rhon 45 (when I get time)

 I have my current QTH up for sale so all my tower and antennas are down
now.

 I have some land up in NC that I plan to move to and since all my rigs run
off of solar power it looks like I can get my shack up and running long
before my home will be ready, HI HI.

 One more question, how tall of a rhon 25 would you install this way?
 Is a 80 footer possible? That's what? about 400 lbs of tower?

 Or would you raise 60 feet and jin pole the rest?

 Before anyone asks, I plan on a 4 yard concrete base (square,cube) but the
top 4 inches in thickness will be a 8 foot by 8 foot slab with conduit
running thru it on one side for the coax runs to my shack.

 Thanks for any advise
 Joe