[TowerTalk] Tower in Tree

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu May 10 10:37:49 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 9 May 2007 09:08:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00),
 "larryjspammenot at teleport.com" <larryj at teleport.com> wrote:

>Now I understand why The Gravity Group, CCI, and other companies who build wooden roller-coasters charge a much higher price when they use Douglas Fir. If they spend the (lots of) extra money up front for Douglas Fir, I know they have to replace sections of the wooden track much less frequently - I just didn't know it was *that* much stronger!
>LJ

When I was a kid, back in the late '50s or early '60s, I saw a wooden
roller coaster which had just been destroyed by a wind storm near Salt
Lake City, Utah. I don't recall ever hearing of a steel roller coaster
suffering the same fate.

FWIW.

Bill W6WRT