[TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Fri May 11 13:46:17 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:32:53 -0600, WD0M <wd0m at centurytel.net> wrote:

>Dang - I've just realized that complexity is
>evil!  I'm gonna sell my C5 Corvette - I found
>out it has 5 computers in it at the least!  Progress sucks.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Complexity is not evil unless it is combined with dubious reliability.
Mechanical contrivances are always suspect until proven otherwise. The
SteppIR has a good rep so far, but there is a LOT of stuff way up in
the air to go wrong. Whether the complexity is worth what it buys you
is an individual decision.

In my case, I prefer an antenna with no moving parts, but that's just
me. I like the idea that after five, ten, fifteen years it will still
be up there with no maintenance, doing its job.

Time will tell.

Bill W6WRT