[TowerTalk] Negative gain from Mosley PRO antennas?

David Ring n1ea at arrl.net
Sun May 13 13:01:08 EDT 2007

Steve  K7LXC mentioned that he had done tests on the PRO series of
Mosley antennas, I wonder what he found the figures to be - he reports
negative numbers.  On which bands?

I operated a station where we had 120 foot high dipoles for every band
(commercial installation) both (separate) receive and transmit.

They really worked - we also had a lonely (just one!) rhombic for
receiving pointed at the Persian Gulf which handled the thru-the-Med
down the Suez and into the P.G. traffic.  That was even better.

What about the PRO Mosley antennas?  I would not expect much
especially on the five or six band trapped antennas.

73

David N1EA