[TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:23:50 EDT 2007

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a new housing development
that does not have an antenna restricting CC&R and/or HOA, esp. here
in the California Bay Area.  Nobody has shown me one yet.

For any ham wishing to own a NEW home, the only option in most metro
areas is to buy a "tear down" in a nice, established (old)
neighborhood and build your own home on its place: a prohibitively
expensive proposition for most people.   The "tear down" next door to
my last QTH sold for $800,000.  The house was razed and a new 4500 sq.
ft. home is being built in its place.  Quality new home construction
in this area costs about $250/sqft.  You do the math :-)