[TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

Alan NV8A nv8a at att.net
Tue May 15 16:52:17 EDT 2007

On 05/15/07 03:12 pm I wrote:

> We bought an older property in a subdivision that was recent enough to
> have all underground utilities but old enough to have no HOA. There are
> brief CC&Rs, but no HOA was ever established. An ARRL VC said that he
> could not see that the wording of the CC&Rs prohibited antennas or
> towers, and in any case there were a few amateur radio antennas in the
> subdivision already when we bought here: somebody who recently started
> compiling a directory of hams in the area said that our subdivision has
> the highest concentration anywhere around.

I forgot to mention that I kept a very low profile while the foundation
work for my tower was in progress, but eventually the neighbors either
side asked what we were up to. When told, one said, "Why bother, when
you call anywhere in the world for 2 cents a minute?" The other said,
"Oh, cool!"

Alan NV8A