[TowerTalk] US Tower MA550 Coax Feedline

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri May 18 16:59:32 EDT 2007

I happen to have an MA550 tower but this posting is about
my 106 ft HDX5106 tower.  I am using large coax (7/8" OD) on this
tower and made two decisions about this:

1.  Instead of using the stock coax arm (which is really meant
to just guide the coax, not support it), I replaced the arm
with a piece of 2 inch water pipe, which should be much stronger.

2.  I am supporting the coax with a grip you can install
AFTER the connector is on the coax:  McMaster 70095K43.
You probably want 70095K42 for your LMR-600.

Rick N6RK