[TowerTalk] TRYLON TITAN 64 SELFSUPPORT

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon May 28 10:02:37 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/27/2007 5:11:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I was just looking at your pictures. I was wondering if it  is necessary
have a form in the ground. Can you just use the sides of  the hole as the
form?  Also in your case did you remove the form  after you had poured the
concrete and did you have any problems in  removing the form?

    Using a form in the ground is usually WRONG. The  concrete is supposed to
be poured against undisturbed earth. I think Scott had  some sloughing that
caused him to form the inside of the hole. Great care  needs to be taken to
refill and repack the soil in this case.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams