[TowerTalk] congrete filled steel for tower base

k2ek at aol.com k2ek at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 14:07:26 EST 2007

Ken
My first tower was a 50 foot crank-up crank-over by E-Z-Way.?? It mounted on a steel pole...? roughly?10-12 inches in diameter.? 9 feet or so above ground level that connected to the tower?via a hinge.? It went?a it over 4 feet into the ground.? There were 4 plates welded at right angles at the?bottom and a?foot below ground level.? It worked fine with a Classic 33 tri-bander.? I'd think that pipe of yours is plenty, even if not structural steel.

73 de Bill
K2EK?