[TowerTalk] k-8 bearing help

Mac McCullough w5mc at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 13:14:31 EST 2007

All:  i am trying to get caught up on maintenance items during the fall,  while we have good weather,  i have several towers  UST and TriEx both use the all frequent Aluminum groove pully and a bearing that is always seemed to be refered to as K-8  i find no supplier named k-8 or source.. as well this bearing is not really well constructed in terms of a good dust shield,  it seems pretty vunerable to me .. and always after a period it's operation is spotty, often with a dead or hard spot ..

I am surly not the first to want to upgrade this item to something better..  and i figure you all here are the ones who will know or have good suggestions ..  i would welcome them  ..  thank you in advance ..  mac/mc  w5mc