[TowerTalk] moto-yaesu

Vic wb4slm at cox.net
Mon Nov 5 22:56:26 EST 2007

Regarding Moto - Yaesu --- Not so much a tower subject but nonetheless topical --  Motherolla is into commercial radio,  not VFO controlled ham gear -- my guess is they will let it die out --  I doubt Motorola will see hamradio as profitable venture .. unless the FCC channelizes amateur radio & then what will we have -- mmmm -- are we going full circle ??

Not to many months back Kenwood announced it is combining the radio division with it's home entertainment division .. apparently Kenwood sees the home entertainment sector as a profitable venture compared to amateur radio, or perhaps the board of directors sees Amateur Radio as home entertainment  .. Kenwood tried for several years to compete with Motherolla in the public service sector ..but ... the marketing techniques I observed used by Motorola was enough to convince many PS users they should not try Kenwood ... even though the radios were probably as good as if not better than the trunking Motracs ..

Looks like ICOM may be the last man standing .. r we headed back to the days of kit building ?? Green was good :-))

Good that I recently got a Yeasu hat -- and Mr. Hasegawa, I WILL NOT sell it on eBay as a collectors item, I will keep the hat to remind me of a happy time in a land not long ago  --- now back to the calculations of stacking dissimilar yagis on the same pole ..

Cheers de Vic//