[TowerTalk] Yaesy elevation rotator

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Wed Nov 7 16:20:36 EST 2007

I'm about to install a G-5500 elevation rotor, which I have used in the past, with good luck except for the small analog meter-readout.

The meter is (with my eyes) difficult to read accurately, and is calibrated in 7.5 degree increments.

There is a DIN socket on the back of the controller which is labeled "External Control", but not a mention of that in the manual.

I Googled the subject, and got about a million hits, but nothing that I could use.

Anyone aware of how to externally control this unit?  Or, at least, use a large digital readout?

73, Barrie, W7ALW