[TowerTalk] [Antennas] Carbon Fiber Boom

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 01:30:00 EST 2007

3 years back, I worked on marine electronics aboard the Derek Baylis, a special, twin masted 65 ft  Sailing Research Vessel. Ketch rigged,   unusual for its carbon fiber masts which needed no stays, shrouds,  etc aloft.   Extremely fast.
We serviced the masts one time, so I saw them horizontal in the shipyard.  Awesome.  and Awesomely expensive.  probably  > $100K per mast.  But,  you can check with Wylie boats out of Watsonville CA to find the manufacturer of the masts.  They could probably quote for smaller carbon fiber tubes, structures such as Antenna Booms, flagpoles, etc.
See the beautiful Baylis:   http://www.baycrossings.com/archives/2003/09_October/derek_m_baylis_sails_sf.htm

All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow     aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Subscribe: http://bambi.net/jamesburg.html
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team