[TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city

Ed Richardson ed_richardson at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 10 14:00:06 EST 2007

I am also a fan of roof mounted verticals when you have limited space.
The biggest headache I have encountered was tuning all the radials for
each band. I have a SteppIR BiggIR roof mounted) The one gotcha I ran
into was last winter when it snowed. All the tuned radials became non
resonant and my vertical was lost for the winter months.

If you don't have significant roof snow cover, go for it!

Ed

VE4EAR