[TowerTalk] Installation Rohn 25G

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Nov 11 18:24:28 EST 2007

> Just so no one thinks I am crazy :)
>
> A couple of guys have talked about needing guy wires. and that probably
> many others would say the same thing:
>
> I do plan on putting guy wires on but just cant afford them right now. I
> will add them after I get it all up in the air.

Just for a bit of clarification:
After reading the previous postes I'm a little confused. How high are you
going before you put up the antennas and guys?
That size base isn't suficient to hold a 40 foot 25G and tribander without
guys except on a very calm day. I'd also be apprehensive about climbing 40 a
foot 25G without guys even on a calm day.

Fortunately 40 feet and a small tribander don't take an elaborate base and
guy system which becomes much more substantial in a hurry as you add height.

I have a rather simple and effective, but heavy gin pole I constructed.  If
I can find everything I'll try and  shoot some photos and put them up on my
site.

Good Luck and be careful.

Roger (K8RI)