[TowerTalk] Installation Rohn 25G

Dave Cook davepc2 at netdave.com
Sun Nov 11 18:25:01 EST 2007

The 25G is a self-supporting tower up to 35 feet, according to the Rohn
Catalog. I did a minimal installation for a 35 foot tower as you described,
due to municipal restrictions, but in retrospect I wish I had made a bigger
hole for more concrete for possible future extension. I would suggest that,
if anything, you try to use more concrete in the base and since it's only 5
feet more than what Rohn recommends, you might be ok without guys - assuming
you don't put up a monster antenna or have lots of wind and ice.

73, Dave, WA0TTN