[TowerTalk] Ordered a HDX555 Oct. 3 from Texas Towers. It will be here tomorrow morning.....!!!!!!!

res1q6fs roger.white at verizon.net
Wed Nov 14 13:06:06 EST 2007

We have had clear and no rain weather here in North Texas for more than a month. So far, I have been fortunate to be able to dig the hole, order the rebar and get it bent, get hole with rebar cage inspected, pour the concrete the next day (9 yards...Yea, I know, we dug the hole too big. But, it only hurt the pocketbook!) and have it curing in anticipation of an early delivery in December (Dec. 12 was the initial delivery date).

Well to my surprise, UST called yesterday and said the tower was complete and they would schedule a trucker to pick it up. To my surprise, the trucker called me a few hours ago and said he would be at my house between 8 AM and 12 noon tomorrow!. Boy, I had to get on the cell phone fast and get my son to go rent a fork lift to have it here this evening. The concrete will not be cured until early December, so things are really moving. I would never had guessed when I strolled into Texas Towers a little over a month ago and placed the order that I could have the tower delivered in about 6 weeks.

I even got fortunate last weekend and picked up a used CL-33, a Ham IV rotator, two lengths of coax and the rotator cable. Found this on the qth.com classified website and although the ham lived 200 miles south of here, he just happened to be coming up here with a trailer. I met him south of here and picked the goodies up.

So, should be back on HF after a 25 year span of being QRT!

Roger W5RD
Murphy, Texas