[TowerTalk] U.S. Tower MDP-750 and RMC-1000

Web Williams kr4wm at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 17:43:38 EST 2007

Greetings all,

I'm attempting to get a used TX-472 tower motivated into
extending. It came with an MDP-750 winch assembly
and control box, and an RMC-1000 remote unit. For the
purposes of testing the motor, I'd like to be able to get it
going without using the RMC-1000. Obviously, some
jumpers must need to be installed somewhere on the
terminal barrier strip.

I've jumped pins 3 to 6, thinking that would be all that
was necessary. Nothing moves.

I then added a link from pins 3 and 6 to 110V black after
looking more carefully at the schematic. Apparently pins
3 and 6 get voltage from the RMC-1000 on these two pins.
Still nothing moving.

It looks like there is a neon light in series with power to
pin 4. I don't quite understand how that would make anything
move because of having the neon bulb in series, but maybe
it's necessary- is it?

Anyone have any ideas which pins to jumper to just get the
thing working at the switch at the tower? After reading some
of the horror stories about pinched coax and such, I may just
use the local switch and forget the remote box alltogether! (If
I can get it working....)

Thanks, -KR4WM