[TowerTalk] DIN Connectors You Can't Solder To

Les Kalmus w2lk at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 13:12:57 EST 2007

To stop the plastic from melting and pins from moving, I use a mating
socket.
With the two plugged together I clip a clothespin type heat sink to the
pin being soldered at the rear of the mating socket .
Won't completely stop the problem but will give you a lot more time to
work and will keep the pin from moving too far.
If you can't easily get a mate to the plug, use a heatsink directly on
the pin.
I also use a heat controlled iron and I really don't like soldering DIN
connectors.

Les W2LK