[TowerTalk] mast and bearing

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Thu Nov 22 02:47:32 EST 2007

Larry:

     You can use what folks who remove their towers' rotators for maintenance use to keep the mast stationary.  Bolt two long steel angles to the mast with muffler clamps.  Make the angles long enough to extend past two tower legs and rest the steel angles against those two legs before you tighten the clamp bolts.  Note that the steel angles should be on opposite sides of their respective legs, i.e., don't rest the angles against the left side of both legs (that arrangement will allow the mast to turn clockwise.)

     Another possibility is to attach a muffler clamp loosely around the mast, then through a steel angle.  Bolt the angle to the rotator shelf and tighten the clamp onto the mast.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F