[TowerTalk] Roof Tower Safety?

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Tue Nov 27 23:41:19 EST 2007

I've been following all the talk regarding the equipment and planning
processes for safely climbing towers.

I'm m looking for recommendations for those of us with roof towers.
Mine is an Alinco 6-footer with about 3 feet of mast sticking out,
holding a F12 C3-SS.

While the roof is steep, getting to it is quite easy and safe. My issue
is getting from the eaves to the tower and back.

Can I/should I have a fixed runner from the roof tower (attached to it
or done some other way) to clip in to (I wear a dual sling belt [around
the waist and under my butt]).

Until this summer, I'd been climbing up and down for years. I didn't go
up there this year due to a variety of knee and foot injuries and I'm
worried that I don't have the or foot strength I once had.

And suggestions are appreciated!

Eric W3DQ
Washington. DC