[TowerTalk] Capacitors To Tune 160 Vertical

Dubovsky, George George.Dubovsky at andrew.com
Thu Nov 29 16:13:45 EST 2007

Except that Jim did exactly what he said he did: he ran a qualitative
power-handling test of some capacitors he had on hand. He apparently
instrumented only one value, RF power on the source end, and he "pumped"
that through the capacitors. He reported a qualitative measurement of
their power-handling capability - they got warm. He probably doesn't
know exactly what the current was, but we can infer that the Z and
system Q were low because he had previously described the sort of
antenna he was trying to match. Semantics, pedantics - he certainly
described the experiment well enough for this old RF engineer to
understand ;-)

73,

geo - n4ua

this email is prohibited.