[TowerTalk] beam slippage

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 21:20:41 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/2/2007 1:49:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I've heard the Slip-Nott works pretty well.

For Hy-Gain/CDE-type and Create rotators  according to their website.

>  I have an Orion 2800 and  pinning the mast voids the warranty.  Not sure
about the Yaesu  though.  Also their mast
clamps are cast aluminim I believe and not  sure how they would hold up under
the torque.

    Yaesu mast clamps are very easy to break.

>  Champion Radio products makes a mast bracket replacement  for the 2800
that should eliminate ANY slipping.  Maybe they do one for  the Yaesu also?

I wish.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products