[TowerTalk] How tall is that tower?

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Oct 12 08:08:05 EDT 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 1:43 PM, jeremy-ca wrote:

> I KNOW how to convert when I have to but I have absolutely no
> intention of
> doing it in relation to something on a ham forum that is 99%
> oriented to USA
> members.

For antennas, I've taken to thinking of antenna height solely in
meters. For any horizontal antenna, the key dimension is the height
above ground in wavelengths -- and it's hard to judge wavelengths
from heights given in feet.

Example: a 15m tower with a tribander has the antenna at 3/4 wave on
20m, 1 wave on 15m, 1.5 wave on 10m. Easy.

How about a 50 foot tower?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901