[TowerTalk] crimp on pl259s

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 07:43:29 EDT 2007

Steve does a nice job... For HF I do not bother with soldering the center pin...  I simply crimp it...  Maybe for VHF I might think about soldering (probably not, being essentially lazy)..  You have to think about the fact that milspec and aerospace call for crimped connections on coax cables...

  The Cablematic is a nice stripper, but there is more to it than that.  Any stripper has to be adjusted to the exact cable you are using...  My most recent drum of RG213, same brand from same supplier, is definitely larger both on the center conductor and on the jacket OD than previous batches...  Probably a new crew on the machines at the factory... Rather than fiddle with adjusting the stripper, I simply flipped out the razor knife and did them by hand.. Probably added all of a minute to each one...

denny / k8do