[TowerTalk] tower accident

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:59:55 EDT 2007

Hello Tony,
I would hope you decide to positively attach to the tower as soon as you step off the ground,  the currently accepted standard.
It is a lttle bold these days to free climb and strap off when you arrive at  your work height.

What REALLY concerns me though, is your last statement:
Tony Said:
If this tower was any higher i would exersize a bit more caution.be safe.

I think I mentioned about the 50% fatality rate from falls at 20 ft, approaching close to 100 percent at 40 ft.

I hope you can develop a mind set that there is no difference in due dilligence requirements between elevations of 20 ft or 300 ft.

All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Subscribe: http://bambi.net/jamesburg.html
Jamesburg Earth Station Moon Bounce Team