[TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 00:19:23 EST 2007

I had the same problem with a T2X and stainless bolts - they are 1/4 -20. I did use single coil lock washers, too. My answer, which has served for over 20 years now, is an aluminium plate, 1/16th inch thick, held tightly up against the bolt heads, and use lock washers. Loctite didn't work, but with hindsight, I'm not entirely sure I used the right variety of Loctite. You do need to be able to take the rotor off every so often for service, so that is also a factor in which Loctite to use.

73
Peter G3RZP