[TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 31 17:00:28 EST 2007

<snip>

It will be interesting to see if the BPL threat turns out to be peanuts compared to high-density CFL implementation.

<snip>

Actually this is going to be a non-issue. LED light bulbs are already here (see superbrightleds.com). The CFL will soon be a thing of the past. It will be a win - win situation, as the LED bulbs are very efficient, last forever (almost) and are quiet, both electrically and acoustically.

disclosure: I am employed by Lowe's HIW in the Electrical Department and have been informed that the next reset of the light bulb isle will include many more CFLs and some LEDs. So I will benefit both as a Ham and Pecuniary with the advent of this new technology.

Clint - W5CPT