[TowerTalk] Far Circuits K9AY Controller help

R. David Eagle kb8nnu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 17:57:22 EDT 2007

Hello all...I finally got my K9AY receiving array up in the air!  Earlier this spring, I ordered the boards for the switching/bandpass/preamp unit from Far Circuits.  I mounted both the switching board and the bandpass/preamp board out at the antenna.  I noticed something rather strange when I was running some tests this last weekend and noticed that the preamp is basically useless.  I am able to switch the preamp in and out from my controller.....The problem - when I switch the preamp on, I start to hear this crackling noise after about 3 secs.  I don't notice any change in signal level.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Pictures of my controller are at the link below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canoeingriverrat/sets/72157594573973890/

Thanks,

Dave
KB8NNU