[TowerTalk] RG6

Larry Burke wi5a at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 11 16:53:34 EDT 2007

Jim.... One place I found adapters was L-com.com. Bought them just a few
weeks ago online:

Item/Description                              Qty    Price    Subtotal
Availability
--------
BA160                                          10    $2.77      $27.70  In
Stock
Coaxial Adapter, UHF Male / F Female

Shipping was an additional $8.50. I will be stringing up Beverages at my new
QTH and decided to go with RG-6 and F connectors this time, but I have some
existing switches that have female UHF connectors on them, hence the
adapters. A slight price break started at 10 units, so I got 10.

As for the F connectors themselves, are yours "crimp" or are they really
"compression". The later requires a tool that "pushes" a concentric plastic
insert into the connector. Tools for the compression connectors range from
about $15 to over $100, but the simple ones seem to work just fine if you
are only going to be making a few dozen connections. BTW, Home Depot sells
both the compression connectors and tools, both under the "Ideal" brand.
Their connectors are reasonably priced.

- Larry Wi5A