[TowerTalk] RG6

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Tue Sep 11 16:53:58 EDT 2007

RG6 varies a lot, and virtually none of it that I see in the field is really
RG6/U (per the military specification of yore).  Most all of it is cable TV
stuff, most of which is very good quality but some is better than others.
It runs dual shielded to quad shielded and normally has a copperclad steel
center conductor, so it's strong stuff.  Likely stronger than any sort of
RG8X, due mostly to all those shields and the copperclad steel center
conductor.

I've never had any problem using this cable, even at high power levels.  M2
uses this cable (RG6) for their baluns on VHF beams rated 1500W PEP.

F-to-UHF adapters work fine at HF.

WB2WIK/6