[TowerTalk] attaching #4 bare to aluminum tower legs

Steve Jax stevejax at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:07:51 EDT 2007

I am looking for ideas to attach #4 bare solid copper to my Aluma tower
legs.  I currently have about 18 inches of wire running up each leg and
attached with 4 SS hose clamps spaced evenly up the 18 inches.  Each wire
runs directly to a grounding rod that are all interconnected.   I have
thought about wrapping each leg and wire with some thin copper sheet and
then clamp to help gain better connectivity.  Any other ideas?  I would
prefer not to drill into the legs and want to be careful not to crush or
compromise the structural integrity of the aluminum tower leg.

-Steve, N4SJJ